Providing Complete Divorce Services: Mediation one offers three options for mediation sessions:
- Personal sessions: Both spouses meet personally with Kent at the St. Louis Park of Minnetonka office. Progress reports and homework is visible during the session on a large screen in either conference room.
- Zoom online mediation: Both spouses attend the session via Zoom on their laptops. Following the session, the mediation progress reports and homework they have seen during the session are emailed to each spouse.
- Conference call with mediator Kent Peterson: The mediation progress reports and homework generated during the call are emailed to each spouse after the sessions.
My clients do not attend court hearing during mediation; all issues are resolved in our mediation sessions. Following the sessions, the required legal documents are drafted by the mediator and an experienced paralegal, and reviewed by the clients before being signed, notarized and mailed to the court.
We help couples reach agreement on all issues they feel are important, and are required by the courts:
- The fair division of real estate, automobiles and other physical assets.
- Agreement on the responsibility for debts accumulated during the marriage.
- The equitable division of checking, savings, investment and retirement accounts.
- A workable future budget for both spouses.
- And more important, for couples with minor children, a parenting plan where both parents can continue to enjoy a loving relationship with their children.
With his clients having respectful discussions in our mediation sessions, the divorce process is simple, yet efficient. With more than twenty years of mediation experience, Kent tries to keep it that way.