FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How much does mediation cost? ANSWER: The introduction visit will reveal about how much time I feel it will take to mediate your divorce. I can then provide you with the estimated, total cost of your dissolution through my office.
- How long does it take to mediate a divorce? ANSWER: It all depends; I will move through the process as quickly or as slowly as my clients prefer, but I always want to do quality work. Typically, the total time involved is about three months.
- Will I need to retain an attorney? ANSWER: You are not required to have an attorney present to mediate your divorce. If you want an attorney to assist you between sessions and/or review the final documents, that is your option.
- Do you require an up-front retainer? ANSWER: No. My fee is paid after each mediation session.
- How long is each mediation session? ANSWER: I block out two hours for each session. But, you only pay for the time we are actually in a mediation session; it may be longer or shorter than two hours.
- Do you hold after-hours sessions? ANSWER: Yes. Each Monday and Thursday I hold sessions until 7:00 p.m.
- Introduction Visit: a) The couple can meet with Kent in a one hour personal visit at the St. Louis Park or Minnetonka office or, b) request to be emailed his one-page introduction presentation followed by a fifteen minute conference call interview with the couple. In either visit, after you learn about his services and have your questions answered, he will be able to provide the estimated cost of his services.
Visit our “Contact Us” page to schedule your free, no obligation introduction visit.