FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How much does mediation cost? ANSWER: The introduction visit will reveal about how much time I feel it will take to mediate your divorce. I can then provide you with the estimated, total cost of your dissolution through my office.
- How long does it take to mediate a divorce? ANSWER: It all depends; I will move through the process as quickly or as slowly as my clients prefer, but I always want to do quality work. Typically, the total time involved is about three months.
- Will I need to retain an attorney? ANSWER: You are not required to have an attorney present to mediate your divorce. If you want an attorney to assist you between sessions and/or review the final documents, that is your option.
- Do you require an up-front retainer? ANSWER: No. My fee is paid after each mediation session.
- How long is each mediation session? ANSWER: I block out two hours for each session. But, you only pay for the time we are actually in a mediation session; it may be longer or shorter than two hours.
- Do you hold after-hours sessions? ANSWER: Yes. Each Monday and Thursday I hold sessions until 7:00 p.m.
- Do children attend the sessions? ANSWER: No. Only the adult couple is in attendance.
- How long is the introduction visit? ANSWER: The introduction visit is attended by both spouses, and lasts about an hour.
Visit our “Contact Us” page to schedule your free, no obligation introduction visit.