To help couples design a fair, respectful end to their marriage and plan the beginning of their new lives.amily.
Does divorce have to destroy a family and its memories?
We are the new approach to divorce.
Mediation One offers a low cost, low stress solution to a very difficult change.
Instead of going to court, our clients meet with a neutral mediator in relaxed, respectful sessions.
The mediator guides them through the process and offers options to an agreement on all issues, to dissolve their marriage and design their futures.
Mediation One offers the following benefits:
- Our services cost a fraction of a litigated divorce, with attorneys and court appearances.
- In litigation, children torn between warring parents end up scarred and miserable. We help prevent such casualties with a fair, flexible parenting plan.
- We offer an opportunity to end your marriage with your mutual respect and dignity intact.
- We allow you you to make your own decisions about the future care of your children and the division of your estate, instead of turning those decisions over to attorneys and judges.
- If a couple lives a distance from the Twin Cities or one spouse has moved to a distant state, we can travel to mediate in person, or mediate through technology. See the DISTANT MEDIATION page to learn more.
- We offer mediation to rural couples, involved in agriculture. See the FARM OWNERS page to learn more.
Our clients don't go to court during mediation. The entire divorce is facilitated through our office; mediation of a fair agreement, processing of the legal documents and submission of the documents to the court.
Planning is the key.
Kent is not only a mediator, but also a CDFA (Certified Divorce Financial Analyst). CDFAs used to be known as divorce planners.
During mediation sessions, he provides reports and analysis that help the couple plan their individual futures, and that of their changing family.; rfied cial analysis ad
That is a unique and valuable resource in divorce.
The path ahead.
The life change you are considering will affect you and your closest family and friends in many ways, for many years.
You're not alone if you feel afraid, confused and uncertain at this time. Couples seek answers to these important questions:
1. How much will it cost?
2. How long will the whole process take?
3. How will we care for our children?
4. Do I need to hire an attorney?
At Mediation One, we will help you with answers to these and other questions you might have about the difficult path ahead.
Who wants to go to court?
Family court can be an intimidating, time consuming and expensive process that most divorcing couples would rather avoid.
You are not required to be represented by an attorney in Minnesota divorce. You can choose to represent yourself in mediation.
At Mediation One, all issues are discussed and decided in confidential, private sessions, outside of court. The points of agreement are then transferred to legal documents and submitted to the court for final approval, by mail.
Is Mediation One best for you? To schedule a free introduction visit, call 952-937-8300 (office) or 612-270-8621 (cellular) or complete your request on the FREE INTRODUCTION page of this website.